The psychology profession has a tradition of supervision or mentoring/case consultation between practitioners. At Psychology on Parade we have Psychology Board of Australia approved supervisors for the purpose of registrar training in Clinical & Counselling Psychology. Please contact us to enquire about these services.
A Philosophy of Supervision
Supervision or consultation is the corner stone of our profession. Supervision is:
- A Forum for reflection: where the supervisee can reflect on their work and learn from that reflection;
- A Forum for accountability: where supervision is a process where cases can be reviewed and dissected so that there is learning and so that quality of work is maintained;
- A Forum for experiential learning: where the supervisee can apply learnings and integrate them into their day to day clinical work;
Supervision will focus on your goals, skill development, case consultation and improving your confidence and capability as a psychologist or therapist.
Robert Mackinnon is Board approved by the Psychology Board of Australia (the Board) to supervise psychologists and/or provisional psychologists.
Robert is an endorsed Counselling Psychologist who has experience working with individuals in private practice and Community Health settings. He aims to provide Supervision in a reflective and supportive approach that allows the supervisee the confidence to explore all issues relevant to improving their clinical skills and to achieve their Supervision goals.
The initial stage of Supervision is to meet and generate a plan that best meets your learning and developmental needs in the context of your circumstances. Please contact Robert at Psychology on Parade to further discuss your Supervision requirements.
Robert is approved to provide Supervision in the following recognised supervision pathways:
- 4+2 internship program – principal or secondary supervisors of provisional psychologists undertaking the 4+2 internship program leading to general registration
- 5+1 internship program – principal or secondary supervisors of provisional psychologists undertaking the internship year of the 5+1 program leading to general registration
- Work in addition to higher degree – supervisors of provisional psychologists enrolled in a higher degree who are gaining extra experience in a psychology role that is not part of their degree, and
- Counselling Registrar program
Please call or email us if you are interested in undertaking some individual supervision.
Supervision can be on a one-off consultation basis or ongoing as suits the practitioner.